75-25 Pool 

We have been blessed by everyone’s support of Okizu.  We are closing in on $125,000 raised for Okizu.  We’d like to send even more kids to camp this summer.  To achieve this we are starting our 75-25 pool.  75% of all dollars raised in the pool goes to Okizu and the other 25% goes to the winner of the pool.  Each entry is only $20 and no limit to how many times you enter.

 

How to win pool?  Simple, predict my finishing time - days, hours and minutes.  Closest prediction wins - either over or under.  If we raise $2,000, we will send one child to summer camp and the winner will get $500.

 

To raise $2,000 we need 100 entries.  Only way we can accomplish this is with your support.  We need each of you to send this to five of your friends, and to ask them to send it to five of their friends.  Will you help us send one more child to camp next summer?  Please circulate this widely among all your friends/connections.

How to enter?  [1] submit your prediction via google docs; [2] submit your entry payment by credit card  or for for cash payments, you can Venmo Marianne @marianne-gray-1 (to ensure you are selecting the right Venmo account  - last four of MRG's cell is 0332 and you'll see a photo of the boat, Jack Keane) and she will forward the money to Okizu.  As always, 100% of the money raised goes directly to Okizu.

Deadline to enter:  December 19, 2021 - noon Pacific time.

Factoids to Consider

  • For the past six years, the approximate average solo finish time has been 61 days 11 hours and 33 minutes

  • Last year's first solo finisher, Wave Warrior, finished in 49 days 10 hrs and 40 minutes

  • Last year's final solo finisher, Spoarting Chance, finished in 73 days 7 hours and 2 minutes

  • The fastest solo across the Atlantic was Mark Slats who completed in 30 days, 7 hours and 49 minutes (Mark also holds the fastest pairs crossing time - he's a bad ass!)

  • In the 2016 race, solo rower Daryl Farmer arrived in Antigua after 96 days, rowing without a rudder to steer with for nearly 1,200 miles over 40 days